Re: DROP COLUMN

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: DROP COLUMN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 11:29, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > > But those (few) apps that still need intimate knowledge about postrges'
> > > internals will always have to query the original system _tables_.
> > >
> > > Also, as we have nothing like Oracles ROWNR, I think it will be quite
> > > hard to have colnums without gaps in the system views,
> >
> > Agreed. However do we have to give up all views which omit
> > dropped columns ?
>
> What's Oracle's ROWNR?

A pseudocolumn that is always the number of row as it is retrieved.

so if we had it, we could do something like

select  ROWNUM as attlognum,  attname
from ( select attname   from pg_attribute where attrelid = XXX   and attisdropped  order by attnum    ) att
order by attlognum;

and have nice consecutive colnums

the internal select is needed because ROWNUM is generated in the
executor as the tuple is output, so sorting it later would mess it up

Hannu