Re: DROP COLUMN

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: DROP COLUMN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 11:30, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> OK, more DROP COLUMN funny business:
>
> Assuming that selects, updates and deletes all ignore the dropped column,
> what happens with things like alter table statements?
>
> You can still quite happily set the default for a dropped column, etc.
>
> Will I have to add a dropped column check in everywhere that a command is
> able to target a column.  ie. create index, cluster, alter table, etc,
> etc.?  Or is there an easier way?

Each utility statement does some kind of a SearchSysCache() to determine
the status of the column (whether it exists or not).

You may want to write a wrapper function in lsyscache.c that returns the
status of the column (dropped or not).  Perhaps the att tuple could be
fetched through this function (processed on the way out) -- though
lsyscache routines tend to return simple items.