Re: pgbench questions

От J. R. Nield
Тема Re: pgbench questions
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2002-07-13 at 02:25, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> > (2) At least in the current CVS version, the code to do a 'CHECKPOINT'
> >     after creating a table has been #ifdef'ed out. Why is that?
>
> That is not after creation of a table, but while creating it, which is
> not necessary any more since Tom has fix the growth of WAL logs.

Tatsou:

Could you or Tom give me some background on what this change was about?
Is this something recent, or would it have been in CVS about a month
ago?

I can't see any reason to force a checkpoint after CREATE TABLE, but it
would be interesting to know why it was done before.

;John Nield

--
J. R. Nield
jrnield@usol.com