Re: Frontend/backend protocol authentication

От Peter Schuller
Тема Re: Frontend/backend protocol authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > But I never asked for password authentication!
>
> Uh, what *do* you have in pg_hba.conf, then?

What I meant was, I never initiated any form av password authentication.
I ONLY send the StartupPacket. pg_hba.conf does state that it should use
password auth., but the server returns an authentication error to me
before I have even sent the password.

> It might also help to look at the postmaster's log (stderr or syslog
> output) --- many kinds of auth failures report more info in the log
> than they are willing to tell the client.

Thanks, I'll do that.

> PS: this seems more on-topic for pgsql-interfaces than -general.

Ah, ok. I figured -interfaces was more for JDBC issues and such. I'll
post there in the future, thanks!

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller@infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org