Frontend/backend protocol authentication

От Peter Schuller
Тема Frontend/backend protocol authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I'm attempting to implement a PosrgreSQL client in Squeak. I'm sending
what I believe to be a correct StartupPacket, but PostgreSQL
responds with an ErrorResponse: "FATAL 1: Password auth. failed...".

But I never asked for password authentication! According to the protocol
docs on the site, I should first be getting an Authentication* packet (I
think, an AuthenticationUnencrpytedPassword - but that one is not
documented), to which I should send a PasswordPacket. But now it returns
error before I get a chance.

What might I be doing wrong?

And am I correct in expecting an AuthenticationUnencryptedPassword
packet? Postgresql is set to use the "password" authentication method,
and another exising PostgreSQL protocol implementation failed because it
receivd such a packet (instead of some other one it expected).

Thanks,

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller@infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org