Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Corin, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Kenneth Marshall, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Thom Brown, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Stephen Frost, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Magnus Hagander, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Arjen van der Meijden, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Ivan Voras, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Dimitri Fontaine, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  ("Pierre C", )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Merlin Moncure, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Andy Colson, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Merlin Moncure, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  ("Ross J. Reedstrom", )
   Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
    Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Greg Smith, )
     Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Dave Crooke, )
      Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
       Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Tom Lane, )
        Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
       Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Dave Crooke, )
     Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Yeb Havinga, )
      Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Yeb Havinga, )
      Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Greg Smith, )
      Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Hannu Krosing, )
       Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (James Mansion, )
        Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
        Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  ("Pierre C", )
         Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
          Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Yeb Havinga, )
        Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Bruce Momjian, )
         Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Thom Brown, )
          Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
    Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  ("Ross J. Reedstrom", )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Dave Crooke, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Merlin Moncure, )
   Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  ("Pierre C", )
    Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Dave Crooke, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Chris Browne, )

Scott Marlowe <> writes:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Dave Crooke <> wrote:
>> What about InnoDB?

> Depends on what parts of mysql they otherwise use.  There are plenty
> of features that won't work if you're using non-myisam tables, like
> full text search.  I tend to think any full blown (or nearly so) db is
> overkill for mythtv, and the use of something like sqllite or berkely
> db tables is a better fit.

That's apparently also the position of their lead developer; although
considering he's not actually done anything about it for six or more
years, it seems like quite a lame excuse for blocking ports to other
DBs.

Сообщение: Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions
Сообщение: Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions