Re: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
AlannY <m@alanny.ru> writes:
> Many times, I'm confronting with that strange problem: invalid byte
> sequence for encoding "UNICODE". So, I guess, Postgresql can't allow me
> to use some symbols which is not a part of UNICODE. But what is that
> symbals?

Doesn't it tell you?  AFAICS every PG version that uses that error
message phrasing gives you the exact byte sequence it's complaining
about.

It would also be worth asking what PG version you are using anyway.
If it's not a pretty recent update then updating might help --- I
think there were some bugs in the encoding verification stuff awhile
back.