How to discern a reference column from within java??

От David A. Bartmess
Тема How to discern a reference column from within java??
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I am trying to figure out how to discern a reference column (as shown
below) inside a java object containing the various columns in a specific
row of a table.

The table looks like:

CREATE TABLE TempTbl AS
(
    id    serial,
    type    int references TypesTbl
);

But I cannot find a way inside the jdbc API to figure out if a
particular column is a reference to another table's row. Such as:

// These are examples of possible code
TempTbl tmptbl = new TempTbl();
tmptbl.connect();
tmptbl.readRow();

if (tmptbl.getColumn("type").isReference())
{
    TypesTbl typestbl = new TypesTbl();
    tmptbl.setColumn("type",
        typestbl.getRowRef(tmptbl.getColumn("type"));
}

Am I missing something in the API?

Thanks for any help!
--
David A. Bartmess
Software Configuration Manager / Sr. Software Developer

Сообщение: Re: Compiling postgres to is jdbc
Сообщение: Re: Compiling postgres to is jdbc