Re: "No Results were returned by the query" exception

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: "No Results were returned by the query" exception
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Jon,

then chances are the insert is failing and then the transaction needs to
be rolledback. Once a transaction has an error it cannot be used until
ended, by either rollback, or commit

Dave
On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 20:01, Jon Swinth wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Joe.
>
> I am using PostGreSQL 7.2.1 with JDBC driver of http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/devpgjdbc2.jar.
>
> Code is:
>
>   public int getNextValue(
>       String                           sequenceName )
>       throws SQLException {
>     checkAll(sequenceName);
>     Statement s = null ;
>     ResultSet rs = null ;
>     try {
>       s = connection.createStatement() ;
>       rs = s.executeQuery("SELECT nextval('"+sequenceName+"')");
>       if (!rs.next()) {
>         throw new SQLException("No Rows Returned from Sequence " + sequenceName);
>       } //end if
>       int returnValue = rs.getInt(1) ;
>       rs.close();
>       s.close();
>       return returnValue ;
>     } catch (SQLException e) {
>       if (rs != null) {
>         rs.close();
>       } //end if
>       if (s != null) {
>         s.close();
>       } //end if
>       throw e ;
>     } //end try
>   } //end getNextValue()
>
> And yes I am using it from within a transaction.
>
> What is odd is it is not consistant.  This same code runs fine for a lot of things.
>
> My guess is that there is a variable that is not being reset properly in the driver.  That would explain why
> it does not happen all the time.  In this case, I am receiving an error when running the above code after an
> INSERT statement on the same connection.
>
> Jon
>
> On Thursday 06 June 2002 04:02 pm, Joe Shevland wrote:
> > Sorry I'm not across the actual issue, but have you got a small snippet of
> > Java code to demonstrate the problem (enough to see if its inside a
> > transaction etc and how you're executing the statement and looping through
> > the RS)? Also the version number of the PostgreSQL backend.
> >
> > I do the below sort of thing regularly and haven't had a problem. The
> > drivers on http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download are the best ones to go for
> > if you're not already using those.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Joe

Сообщение: Re: "No Results were returned by the query" exception
Сообщение: Re: "No Results were returned by the query" exception