Re: Re: CREATEDB Where ??

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: CREATEDB Where ??
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Moscatt <pmoscatt@bigpond.net.au> writes:
> Right.....  If I was developing an application, say with Python and I
> needed to transport my created database and make it part of an installation
> process (create a tar ball with all needed components), do I just include
> the /usr/local/pgsql/data  directory as part of my dist ??

No --- a tar dump of your directory will be quite useless to anyone else
on a different platform, and even those on the same platform would
likely not want to blow away their databases and replace 'em with yours.

Instead, use pg_dump to create an SQL script that can be loaded into an
existing database installation.