Re: Turning column into row

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Turning column into row
Дата
Re: Turning column into row  ("Joel Burton" <joel@joelburton.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 08:35, Tille, Andreas wrote:

> So I have to turn the different properties according to one item into
> one field insead of one column.
>
> How to do this sanely?

Use Perl?

According to Joe Celko's book, SQL For Smarties, Sybase provides a
LIST() aggregate function that does this.  But I don't know of anything
in PostgreSQL.

    "We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we      are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not
  forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing     about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that
thelife also of Jesus might be made manifest in our      body."        II Corinthians 4:8-10