Re: OK, OK, Hiroshi's right: use a seperately-generated filename

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: OK, OK, Hiroshi's right: use a seperately-generated filename
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Chris Bitmead <chris@bitmead.com> writes:
> At least on UNIX, couldn't you use a hard-link and change the name in
> pg_class immediately? Let the brain-dead operating systems use the
> vacuum method.

Hmm ... maybe, but it doesn't seem worth the portability headache to
me.  We do have an NT port that we don't want to break, and I don't
think RENAME TABLE is worth the trouble of testing/supporting two
implementations.

Even on Unix, aren't there filesystems that don't do hard links?
Not that I'd recommend running Postgres on such a volume, but...

Сообщение: Re: OK, OK, Hiroshi's right: use a seperately-generated filename
Сообщение: RE: OK, OK, Hiroshi's right: use a seperately-generated filename