Re: What popular, large commercial websites run

От Tom Jenkins
Тема Re: What popular, large commercial websites run
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 12:36, Lincoln Yeoh wrote:
> That brings us to one of the best things about Postgresql - you can find
> out easily if Postgresql isn't right for your job. You can easily test it
> out for free, and if Postgresql doesn't do Feature X yet, or it's broken,
> there's no marketing bullshit, half-truths or lies. The developers are

This is so very true.  We didn't plan on using PostgreSQL for all our
stuff but for the IAWG contract we didn't have a budget to buy an Oracle
box for an offsite developer (me <grin>).  So figuring we could switch
to Oracle for production, I developed the backend server stuff against
pg.  Everything went so well and performance was acceptable that the
client went thumbs up on using pg on production.

--

Tom Jenkins
Development InfoStructure