Re: Documentation on page files

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Documentation on page files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 01:29, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> The dumping is more of an extra, the original idea was to check for errors
> in the datafiles. Hence the working name of "pgfsck". At the moment the
> dumping dumps only tuples where xmax == 0 but I'm not sure if that's
> correct.

AFAIK it is not. As Tom once explained me, it is ok for tuples xmax to
be !=0 and still have a valid tuple. The validity is determined by some
bits in tuple header.

But I think the most useful behaviour should be to dump system fields
too, so mildly knowledgeable sysadmin can import the dump and do the
right thing afterwards (like restore data as it was before transaction
nr 7000)

Hannu