Re: One big table or split data? Writing data. From disk point ofview. With a good storage (GBs/s, writing speed)

От Sam R.
Тема Re: One big table or split data? Writing data. From disk point ofview. With a good storage (GBs/s, writing speed)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi!

Still, "writing" speed to disk:

With "fio" 3 GB / s.
With PostgreSQL: 350 -500 MB / s, also with a partitioned table.

(and something similar with an other DBMS).
Monitored with dstat.

With about 12 threads, then it does not get better anymore.
Same results with data split to 4 partitions, in a partitioned table. CPU load increased, but not full yet.
Same results with open_datasync.

BR Sam

On pe, lokak. 12, 2018 at 19:27, Sam R.