Re: more about pg_toast growth

От Jeffrey W. Baker
Тема Re: more about pg_toast growth
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 10:35, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 06:47, Jan Wieck wrote:
>
> > > I have increased the free space map and will be able to restart the
> > > postmaster today at around midnight GMT.
> >
> >     Any news?
>
> I couldn't work it in to the last maintenance window.  I'll give it
> another run tonight.

I increased the FSM and restarted postgres several weeks ago, and the
toast tables continue to just grow and grow.  I set it to:

max_fsm_relations = 1000    # min 10, fsm is free space map
max_fsm_pages = 100000      # min 1000, fsm is free space map

Now, my table with only 107490 rows takes 20GB on disk.  I dumped and
reloaded the database and got 18.5GB free space back.

I really think this is a bug in the implementation.

-jwb