Re: vacuum won't fix tx wraparound problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: vacuum won't fix tx wraparound problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com> writes:
>> PostgreSQL stand-alone backend 8.4.4
>> backend> vacuum
>> backend> ^D^D
>> exit

> Am I reading this wrong or did you not bother to allow the vacuum to finish?
> Considering there's no command terminator (;) on the vacuum command, it's
> unlikely that it ever actually started to do anything.

No, Gene did it right --- standalone backends have a different command-line
syntax.  (I assume also that he observed a suitably long delay before
the second backend> prompt came up...)

I think Scott's idea of ancient prepared transactions is probably the
most likely bet.  Roll those back and then vacuum and you'll be OK.

Сообщение: Re: vacuum won't fix tx wraparound problem
Сообщение: Re: vacuum won't fix tx wraparound problem