Re: -f option for pg_dumpall

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: -f option for pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> writes:
> Hmm, well I have no interest in the latter at present, but assuming the
> powers that be will allow me some time to do so, I will look at merging
> pg_dump and pg_dumpall as that seems to be the way people want to go.

I think this will be an exercise in time-wasting, and very possibly
destabilize *both* tools.  pg_dump has never been designed to reconnect
to a different database; for instance there isn't any code for resetting
all the internal state that it gathers.  I think forking a separate
pg_dump for each database is a perfectly fine arrangement, and should be
left alone.