Re: A creepy story about dates. How to prevent it?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: A creepy story about dates. How to prevent it?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
nolan@celery.tssi.com writes:
>>> Oracle's to_date function is not lax at all.
>>
>> Then we need to fix ours.  Karel?

> To make it as strict as Oracle's?  I'm not entirely convinced that is a
> Good Thing.

But to_date is a different animal, because it's working from a format
string that tells it exactly which field is which.  So as far as I can
see, there's no ambiguity; rather, the present behavior seems like it's
accepting demonstrably bogus data.