Re: pg_toast table growth out of control

От Jeffrey W. Baker
Тема Re: pg_toast table growth out of control
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 13:30, Jan Wieck wrote:

>     The  best cure for a problem is avoiding it.  I would suggest
>     running the light  weight  VACUUM  more  often,  so  that  it
>     doesn't grow that big in the first place.

I think everybody is missing my point.  This entire database is vacuumed
every HOUR.  All the tables are reasonably sized, and they stay that
way.  Except, the magic pg_toast table where long objects from resp_body
are store is growing and growing and growing and growing and does not
seem to respond to VACUUM whatsoever.

-jwb