Re: "stored procedures"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "stored procedures"
Дата
Re: "stored procedures"  (David Christensen <david@endpoint.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>> It would probably be more reasonable and feasible to have a setup where
>> you can end a transaction in plpgsql but a new one would start right
>> away.

> ya, that's an idea.

Yeah, that's a good thought.  Then we'd have a very well-defined
collection of state that had to be preserved through such an operation,
ie, the variable values and control state of the SP.  It also gets rid
of the feeling that you ought not be in a transaction when you enter
the SP.

There's still the problem of whether you can invoke operations such as
VACUUM from such an SP.  I think we'd want to insist that they terminate
the current xact, which is perhaps not too cool.