Re: ALTER TABLE OWNER: change indexes

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE OWNER: change indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 18:34, Tom Lane wrote:
> Neil Conway <nconway@klamath.dyndns.org> writes:
> > Sure. The attached patch makes ALTER TABLE OWNER change the ownership of
> > any indexes belonging to the target table,
>
> What about TOAST tables (and their indexes)?  If you intend to take this
> approach then their ownership needs to change too.

Well, it's not really a matter of what "I" intend to do -- the
implementation is really pretty trivial, it's just a matter of policy
(and I'm happy to go along with the core hackers on policy).

But if the general consensus is that this is the right way to go, I'll
happily write the code for TOAST tables + TOAST table indexes as well.
I'll wait to see if the index-owner patch is committed first though...

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>