Re: [HACKERS] following instructions GCC

От Magnus Naeslund(f)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] following instructions GCC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
(I forwarded the mail to the general list so that we keep onlist, next
time use 'reply to all' or similar...)

zahid rahman <zahidr@btconnect.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Excellent!
>
> I have just downloaded postgresql.
> I am in the process of downloading cygwin as per install file.
> I follow instructions. I am a good boy!
> I am a windows 2000 user. Ok ! I am not so good.
>
> My next instruction is that I will require a GCC compiler.
> Where can I get so that I go to the sql prompt and run sql create
> command
> to create that elusive table without any hiccups.

I'm sorry to say that i don't know anything about using postgresql in
cygwin.
But i think the safest bet is to use the cygwin install program to
install postgresql.
After that you just start postgresql as you normally would do i think.

For more info, see: http://www.se.postgresql.org/docs/faq-mswin.html

Magnus