Re: Implementation Proposal For Add Free Behind

От Neil Padgett
Тема Re: Implementation Proposal For Add Free Behind
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2002-02-23 at 08:30, Amit Kumar Khare wrote:

> Considering thesesuggestions as our baseline we have decided to
implement Most Recently Used(MRU) cache replacement policy. Our task
will be to identify a large sequentialscan and then advice the buffer
manager to apply MRU for cache replacement.

This could lead to poor buffer performance in the case of multiple
backends simultaneously executing queries. How will you handle this?

Neil

--
Neil Padgett
Red Hat Canada Ltd.                       E-Mail:  npadgett@redhat.com

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: More time zones
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Defunct postmasters