Re: Starting psql without a database connection

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Starting psql without a database connection
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Sun, 2002-02-24 at 01:54, Michael Klatt wrote:
> Is there a way to start psql without connecting to a database?  Otherwise,
> what's the point of the 'CREATE DATABASE ...' command?

initdb creates the database template1, which is always there.  It serves
as the default template for all newly created databases.

So connect to template1 first and create your database from there.

    "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not      as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your
heartbe troubled, neither let it be afraid."                                        John 14:27

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] template Database
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] template Database