Re: WAL logging problem in 9.4.3?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WAL logging problem in 9.4.3?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> writes:
> Okay, so probably we need to change WAL replay of TRUNCATE so that
> the index file is truncated to one containing only meta page instead of
> empty one. That is, the WAL replay of TRUNCATE would need to call
> index_build() after smgrtruncate() maybe.

That seems completely unworkable.  For one thing, index_build would expect
to be able to do catalog lookups, but we can't assume that the catalogs
are in a good state yet.

I think the responsibility has to be on the WAL-writing end to emit WAL
instructions that lead to a correct on-disk state.  Putting complex
behavior into the reading side is fundamentally misguided.