moving to 7.2

От tony
Тема moving to 7.2
Дата
Re: moving to 7.2
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I am putting together a new development environment and have installed
the 7.2 rpms

The database is running, I can log in via pgaccess, I can read from it
with jdbc but I can't log into the secure pages of my webapp.

So I checked the logs to see why pg_hba.conf was playing up

Feb 21 17:41:59 localhost exiting on signal 15
Feb 21 18:25:12 localhost syslogd 1.4-0: restart.
/usr/bin/postmaster does not find the database system.
    Expected to find it in the PGDATA directory "/var/lib/pgsql/data",
    but unable to open file "/var/lib/pgsql/data/global/pg_control": No
such file or directory

There may be bits of an old install lying around somewhere but I can't
find them. In any case the above is an outright lie because all the
stuff is there in the right places.

Clues???

Cheers

Tony Grant