Re: pgaccess

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: pgaccess
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, 2002-02-20 at 20:50, paul simdars wrote:

> In Xwindow, if I su to root and type pgaccess, the window comes up.
> When I su to postgres or my regular user account and type pgaccess I get
> error messages, they start like this :

This is not a pgaccess error; it is because of the way you are using X
The same would apply if you ran xterm or xeyes.

> Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to server
> Application initialization failed: couldn't connect to display ":0"

This is because the new user which you have become does not have
authority to use your X session.  One way to solve it is to do
export XAUTHORITY=~/.Xauthority

as the user who starts X, which will work if you su to root, but not to
another non-superuser, because that user will not be able to read the
file.

Alternatively do
xhost +localhost

which should allow any user on localhost to connect to your X session

    "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they      follow me; And I give unto them eternal life; and they
shallnever perish, neither shall any man pluck them      out of my hand."          John 10:27,28