Re: copy notice

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: copy notice
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 10:54, my wrote:
> Hi ,
> I load a | delimited text file into a table using the following command :
> copy table_name from '/usr/local/pgsql/table_name.dat' using delimiters '|';
>
> and get this notice for each row :
>
> NOTICE:  copy: line 21579, CopyReadNewline: extra fields ignored
>
> but the rows are loaded succesfully, why do I get this notice ?

You have probably managed to escape the new line at the end of that
particular line in the input file, so that it is tagging the first part
of line 21580 onto the end of the last field.  The rest of line 21580
gets thrown away.

     "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they
      follow me; And I give unto them eternal life; and they
      shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them
      out of my hand."          John 10:27,28