Re: alternative to postgresql

От Jeff Self
Тема Re: alternative to postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Wed, 2002-02-20 at 14:19, Henry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My boss found postgresql is not as easy as MS-ACCESS in that postgresql is
> mainly
> deployed on unix/linux side, and deploying on windows platform is
> particulously troublesome. that means the company has to spend more dollars
> for a linux server for that
> database.  i know some alternative as MySQL, but i heard that product
> doesn't support
> nested query, no updatable view, no outter join, etc. so are there any
> better tools around
> as easy, quick, yet powerful DB candidate?

Well is it more expensive to purchase a linux server or to purchase MS
SQL Server with enough client licenses and a server to run it. Face it,
if your database has outgrown Access, you'll have to spend some money.
And a linux server running PostgreSQL is a heckuva lot cheaper than a
Windows 2000 server running SQL Server.

--
Jeff Self
Information Technology Analyst