DatabaseMetadata

От Tiago Antao
Тема DatabaseMetadata
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi!

I am doing a project that involves the use of the DatabaseMetadata,
namely I need Foreign keys...
A few things that I have found:
1. PgSQL does not have FK meta-data available for foreign keys as they
are implemented with triggers
2. Accordingly the driver cannot supply meta-data (check eg,
DatabaseMetadata.getImportedKeys), which is correct, but...
3. getImportedKeys always returns a null, which very easely breaks any
JDBC code, as is very far way from what is expected
4. I think the best solution would be to return an empty ResultSet, or
at least raise a SQL Exception (I would favour the first).
5. I could volunteer to try to implement better return for these type of
functions (it seems to be easy), if you agree with my solution just say
and I will try to implement it.

I am stuck with Oracle because of this...

Best regards,
Tiago
PS - I have 7.1.3 source