Re: [Novice] Create Table

От Jeff Self
Тема Re: [Novice] Create Table
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
You need to be in the database that you want to create a table. Example:

psql testdb    <--- This puts you in the testdb database

testdb=#    <--- You should see this now
From here, you can create the table as below:

testdb=# create table test
( testid SERIAL PRIMARY KEY,
  testname VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  testdate DATE,
  quantity INTEGER,
  amount NUMERIC(8,2)
);

This will create a table. Standard SQL syntax. Try to pick up Bruce
Momjian's book 'PostgreSQL Introduction and Concepts'

On Mon, 2002-02-11 at 11:24, Christopher A. Goodfellow wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>   I am a real novice to postgresql and am having trouble creating a new
> table in my existing database through the psql monitor.
>
>   I have read the programmers guide, the create table syntax, and searched
> for some examples but with no luck.  Are there any good examples of step by
> step how to create a new table?

Jeff Self
Information Technology Analyst
Department of Personnel