Re: IDEA: "suid" function

От Marc Munro
Тема Re: IDEA: "suid" function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Depesz asks if there are any plans for suid functions.

Much of this functionality can be implemented simply using the rule
system and rewriting the inserts that a user thinks they are making,
into what the system wants.  Depesz, if you would like to contact me
directly, I will be pleased to try to help.

That said, I think the rule system is not always sufficient, and I am
looking into implementing this sort of functionality as a precursor to
being able to create Virtual Private Databasez (as Oracle like to call
them).

My current thinking is that a function should be able to run either, as
now, solely with the rights of the caller, or with the rights of the
owner of the rule that calls the function.  To control which tytpe of
function we are using, I would like to add another option to the WITH
clause of the create function statement.  Something like WITH
rulepermissions.

I would appreciate any feedback.

--
Marc        marc@bloodnok.com

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL