Re: Pltcl error - could not create "normal" interpreter

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Pltcl error - could not create "normal" interpreter
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Lenorovitz, Joel" <Joel.Lenorovitz@usap.gov> writes:
> Could somebody shed any light on the error message below that came from
> trying to call a simple pltcl test function?  I am running Postgres 8.1
> on WinXP and just recently added the pltcl language by copying Tcl84.dll
> into my system directory (C:/Windows/System32) and successfully issuing
> the command:
>> createlang pltcl -U db_admin postgres

I was able to reproduce the "could not create "normal" interpreter"
behavior after removing "init.tcl" from the Tcl library directory.
Unfortunately, it seems that this breaks Tcl badly enough that it's
not capable of returning a useful error message :-( --- the fact that
our code doesn't make any attempt to print the interpreter result
is probably Not Good, but when I changed it to do so, I still didn't
get anything but an empty string ...

So the short answer is "install Tcl per its directions".