Uisng Procedures via JDBC

От Michaell Oxtoby
Тема Uisng Procedures via JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I have a query about accessing stored procedures in Postgres via JDBC.

Currently if we have a "cardata" procedure which retrieves a set of data on
cars

we access it in the following manner:

Statement s1 = connection.createStatement( );

String query = "select cardata( )";

ResultSet results = s1.executeQuery( query );

This is very different from the standard way of calling a stored procedure
in JDBC which

looks more like:

CallableStatement s1 = connection.prepareCall("{ call cardata }");

ResultSet results = s1.executeQuery( );

I would like to know if there is a better way of calling stored procedures
than the one we

are using or whether there is a method that looks more like the second piece
of code.