Re: 'pg_ctl status' not working

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 'pg_ctl status' not working
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Michael Grant <soft@bdanube.com> writes:
> Logged in as the 'postgres' user, 'ps x' shows that postmaster is
> running. 'psql' works properly and I am able to connect to
> databases--but 'pg�ctl status' returns 'postmaster or postgres is not
> running'. Any idea why?

Most likely, pg_ctl has the wrong idea about which data directory to
look in.  Do you have PGDATA set in your user environment?  Does it
match where the postmaster is actually running?

> Postgres 7.3.3 on Max OS X 10.3

I'd suggest updating to 7.3.4 --- 7.3.3 has a nasty bug that once in a
while will keep the postmaster from restarting after shutdown.