Re: Porting MySQL PHP to Postgres

От Shaun Clements
Тема Re: Porting MySQL PHP to Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi Russel

I assumed as much. I was hoping there was a tool available which someone had used and (or) what kind of stumbling blocks to run into.

Thanks again.

Kind Regards,
Shaun Clements

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Smith [mailto:mr-russ@pws.com.au]
Sent: 21 February 2005 12:38 PM
To: Shaun Clements
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Porting MySQL PHP to Postgres

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:41 pm, you wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am going to attempt to move an Intranet Application across from MySQL, to
> Postgres.
> I would like to know is there any best method / tool to do this.
> The application is written in PHP. Perhaps there is someone who is using
> Postgres, who had this problem.

I can be simple or it can be hard.

It all depends on the complexity, and setup of the PHP scripts.

You may just need to change mysql_query for pg_query, the open and close
function, and it might just mostly work.  However if you app has mysql specific
code, or you are using some complicated classes to manage it, it may be harder to
port.

Unless the application is known, it difficult to give any real analysis on the difficulty of
the task.

Regards

Russell Smith.