Re: "invalid memory alloc request size " in deferred trigger causes transaction to fail, but the backend keeps running

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "invalid memory alloc request size " in deferred trigger causes transaction to fail, but the backend keeps running
Дата
Ответ на Re: "invalid memory alloc request size " in deferred trigger causes transaction to fail, but the backend keeps running  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl>)
Ответы Re: "invalid memory alloc request size " in deferred trigger causes transaction to fail, but the backend keeps running  (Frank van Vugt <ftm.van.vugt@foxi.nl>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 01:03:43AM +0100, Frank van Vugt wrote:
>> As far as the other problem is concerned, I just finished the first half of
>> the conversion on a different machine that was build with assertions enabled
>> and saw a number of reports like the ones below. What's causing these?

> This happens when a transaction finishes that creates, drops, or
> modifies a user.  If it happens at a different time, something is wrong.

Given that the call site is SIInsertDataEntry, it's clear that
SendPostmasterSignal is actually being told PMSIGNAL_WAKEN_CHILDREN ...
the gdb traceback is reporting the wrong value for the parameter, which
is no big surprise for values in registers.

Which makes this a perfectly normal event; it's just trying to flush the
SI messaging queue before it overflows.  Nothing to see here, move
along.

Сообщение: Re: "invalid memory alloc request size " in deferred trigger causes transaction to fail, but the backend keeps running