Re: stats collector suddenly causing lots of IO

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: stats collector suddenly causing lots of IO
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Hmm. �That makes me wonder if autovacuum is functioning properly at all.
>> What does pg_stat_all_tables show for the last vacuum and analyze times
>> of those tables? �Try something like
>>
>> select relname,n_live_tup,n_dead_tup,last_vacuum,last_autovacuum,last_analyze,last_autoanalyze from
pg_stat_all_tableswhere schemaname = 'pg_catalog' order by 1;

> Output attached. Note that I ran pg_stat_reset() a few days ago.

Wow.  Well, we have a smoking gun here: for some reason, autovacuum
isn't running, or isn't doing its job if it is.  If it's not running
at all, that would explain failure to prune the stats collector's file
too.

Is there anything in the postmaster log that would suggest autovac
difficulties?

Сообщение: Re: Planner not using column limit specified for one column for another column equal to first
Сообщение: Re: Planner not using column limit specified for one column for another column equal to first