Bug in org.postgresql.Connection

От Ned Wolpert
Тема Bug in org.postgresql.Connection
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
This was right on the tip of my sight, but I missed it in my last email
message:

Bug in the method getSQLType(int oid).  It looks for an integer in
   Integer sqlType = (Integer)typeOidCache.get(iOid);
But when none found, it does a query to the database to get the value.
But it never puts it into the hashtable/cache.  The method does the
following:
   sqlTypeCache.put(iOid, sqlType);
   pgTypeCache.put(iOid, pgType);
One of two things should happend.
  1) change line (1118) from
         sqlTypeCache.put(iOid,sqlType);
         typeOidCache.put(iOid,sqlType);

  or

  2) add in the line
         typeOidCache.put(iOid,sqlType);
     in line 1118

My question is, that sqlTypeCache is only used here, but typeOidCache is
used in several places.  Should we remove sqlTypeCache and only use
typeOidCache or are both needed?

--

Virtually,
Ned Wolpert <ned.wolpert@knowledgenet.com>

D08C2F45:  28E7 56CB 58AC C622 5A51  3C42 8B2B 2739 D08C 2F45

Вложения