Restoring fscked up postgres 7.1

От Kristaps Armanis
Тема Restoring fscked up postgres 7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

Some really strange things happened here. We were using old 7.1
postgres on 2.4 linux and db files living on ext3 partition for some time,
vacuuming regulary and not upgrading only because software didn't worked with 7.2+.
(developers where in progress, but not yet).

Last night no crash, not anything, just @ one moment all records for
last year where gone, all ros created for last year & tables created
while this time - and not in only one database, but all 6 DB's on this
server.

In all DB's there is data like
2005-01-20 19:26:05+02
2005-01-20 19:26:02+02

and then next lines are

2004-04-15 18:19:23+03
2004-04-15 17:41:15+03

Looks like after IT, there is no problemm inserting or anything, just
those records or tables before IT till  2004-04-15 18:19:23 are invisible.
Data files ar there. Database created 3 month ago is displayed, but
with no tables in it.  We movied data directory, created newone, and
restored from last night's dumps. The pain is that murphys law aplied in this case,
and one of db's backup dumps was bad. I was ok some time ago, but it
was failing for some last weeks or so, dump files ar 0, and pg_dump didn't notified
anyhow.. strange

Anyw ideas?  Maybe there is some way to dump something out of raw psql
data files?

--
KRISHA