Re: Installing Libraries on remote pc

От Marek Pętlicki
Тема Re: Installing Libraries on remote pc
Дата
Список pgsql-general
W liście z czw, 29-11-2001, godz. 11:03, Martijn van Oosterhout pisze:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 09:25:53AM +0000, Stuart Grimshaw wrote:
> > I have an application that can log it's results to a postgres database. I am
> > unable to install PostgreSQL on the remote OPC so I want to have it log its
> > results to one of the other PostgreSQL servers I have.
> >
> > Is it possible to just install the libpq library without having to install
> > the full PostgreSQL, as I doubt there would be enough disk space to even
> > unpack the tarball.
>
> Yes, the client and server sides are completely separate. On debian for
> example, the client and server are different, independant package.
>
> Not sure how you do it from the tarball though. I imagine you would have to
> compile it elsewhere...

from $PSQL_DOC_SOMEWHERE_THERE/install-procedure.html (for 7.1.3):

===
      Client-only installation. If you want to install only the client
applications and interface libraries, then you can use these commands:

gmake -C src/bin install
gmake -C src/interfaces install
gmake -C doc install

      To undo the installation use the command gmake uninstall. However,
this will not remove the Perl and Python interfaces and it will not
remove any directories.
===

so it looks like you would have to compile the whole thing, then install
just what you need.

best regards

--
Marek Pętlicki <marpet@linuxpl.org>