Triggers & Compiled C Language Functions

От Andrew Burr
Тема Triggers & Compiled C Language Functions
Список pgsql-novice
Hello all,
I was wondering if someone could tell me if it is possible to create a C
function (or a stored procedure) that basically does a ldap lookup? So,
on INSERT I would pass a user name to the ldap funtion and the ldap
function would help populate another table. Or are there security
restrictions that make this (socket operations) impossible.

What are all the security restrictions on stored procedures and compiled
C language functions?

--

Andrew Burr
Network Security Operations