Re: ORDER BY 'criteria'

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ORDER BY 'criteria'
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ian Barwick <barwick@gmx.net> writes:
> The short answer is "no" (I am happy to be proven wrong of course ;-).
> As far as PostgreSQL is concerned, the locale used to determine sorting
> order is predefined at initdb and can't be changed dynamically.
> I don't know what the SQL standards say about this.

The SQL spec envisions attaching a locale specification to each
individual column.  We don't support that ... yet.  (There's been
a good deal of talk about it, and we'd like to handle it someday.)
At present, Ian is right: initdb determines the sort order for the
database cluster it creates.

Сообщение: Re: Compiling 7.2.3 on RH 8.0
Сообщение: Re: Compiling 7.2.3 on RH 8.0