Re: pg_upgrade from 12 to 13 failes with plpython2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_upgrade from 12 to 13 failes with plpython2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 03:25:56PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Maybe pg_upgrade should print the actual function names, not just the
>> probin values.

> It is done that way so we don't overwhelm them with lots of function
> names, and they can focus on the library.  I was thinking of showing
> them a query that would allow them to investigate.

These days "focus on the extension" would be more helpful.  Maybe
we could check to see if all the functions referencing a given .so
belong to the same extension, and if so complain about that extension?

I think there's a reasonable argument that functions that don't
belong to any known extension should be printed individually,
because more than likely the user's gonna have to clean them up
manually, as we saw here.