Re: Problems with renaming a column

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problems with renaming a column
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca> writes:
>> I do not think we need to remove the column.

> Is it ok that the consrc column is not synch'd with conbin?  What does
> it provide if it doesn't match?

Documentation of the original form of the constraint, perhaps?

> At very least we should be discouraging it's use so the pgadmin,
> phppgadmin, etc. folks know not to be using it.

It would be a good idea for the system catalog descriptions to note that
decompiling the binary form is better for tools to do.  When you're just
scavenging through the catalogs by hand, though, I think the source
forms are convenient to have.

The binary forms have their own disadvantages, btw, although I think the
addition of dependency tracking has mitigated the worst ones.  You may
care to consult the archives for prior discussions of adsrc vs. adbin.

Сообщение: Re: Postgres config file: autocommit = off
Сообщение: Re: Postgres config file: autocommit = off