Re: Back Port Request for INVALID Startup Packet

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Back Port Request for INVALID Startup Packet
Дата
Re: Back Port Request for INVALID Startup Packet
Список pgsql-general
Virendra Kumar <viru_7683@yahoo.com> writes:
> Can you please back port patch where if a 0 byte packet sent to PG instance (Health Checks), it starts complaining
aboutinvalid startup packet and flood the log which increases log size considerably if the health checks are every 3
secondsor something like that.
> Patch Requested - https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=patch;h=342cb650e

We generally don't like to change behavior of back branches without
ironclad agreement that the existing behavior is a bug ... which this
surely isn't.  Also, the discussion leading up to that patch specifically
considered and rejected back-patching; so I'm disinclined to overrule
that decision now.

I would suggest that an every-three-second health check is not
appropriate, especially one that is so minimal that it only
detects whether the postmaster is alive.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore restores out of order
От: AC Gomez
Сообщение: encrypt/decrypt between javascript and postgresql.