Re: 8Ko limitation

От Justin Hickey
Тема Re: 8Ko limitation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Karel

On Jul 20, 10:00am, Karel Zak wrote:
> Subject: Re: [HACKERS] 8Ko limitation
>
> >    what about performances with postgreSQL and large databases,
> >    the object size limitation (8192 bytes) is really not acceptable for
this

>  Now you can change this limit in config.h, the possible range is
> 8Kb - 32Kb.
>
>  In new 7.1 version will this limit dead forever (see TOAST project).

We use Postgres to store polygons and I asked this same question before. The
reply I got was that the geometric data types were not guaranteed to be
converted to TOASTable data types (they were at the bottom of the list of types
to convert). They hinted that I could help them with this but I have no time.
Has this changed now? Will the geometric data types be TOASTable for 7.1?

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey@hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center