Re: pgAdmin4 on Kubuntu Hirsute

От Ray O'Donnell
Тема Re: pgAdmin4 on Kubuntu Hirsute
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 03/05/2021 07:17, Akshay Joshi wrote:
> I would suggest activating the virtual environment  "source
> /usr/pgadmin4/venv/bin/activate" and then try to run
> "/usr/pgadmin4/venv/bin/python3 -s /usr/pgadmin4/web/pgAdmin4.py" and
> check whether it works or the same error.

Hello Akshay,

Thanks for responding. I tried that.... the "activate" command worked,
and the command prompt now had "(venv)" in front of it. However, the
second command failed with:

/usr/pgadmin4/venv/bin/python3: No such file or directory

When I look into that directory, /usr/pgadmin4/venv/bin/python3 is
symlinked to /usr/bin/python3.8. However, on my system I see instead
/usr/bin/python3.9. Just for fun, I tried running:

/usr/bin/python3.9 -s /usr/pgadmin4/web/pgAdmin4.py

However, it failed with:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/pgadmin4/web/pgAdmin4.py", line 16, in <module>
     from cheroot.wsgi import Server as CherootServer
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'cheroot'

As I said in my first email, I appreciate that my Kubuntu version is
ahead of the supported ones; so I'm happy enough to wait until a pgAdmin
version which works on my computer is released - at the rate at which
you guys work, I'm sure that won't be long! In the meantime, I still
have psql. :-)

Thanks,

Ray.

--