Re: pgAdmin4 installation on macOS installed a User: can I delete it?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pgAdmin4 installation on macOS installed a User: can I delete it?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/1/20 7:43 AM, Dummy Account wrote:
Please post to list also.
Ccing list.

> Hello,
> So I went to this
> link: https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads
> I downloaded version 12.2 for Mac OS X
> I selected all the defualt installation wizard prompts by just selecting
> "Next", except for, I did not download Stack Builder.  Please see
> screenshot for reference.
> To answer you question, I *think* yes.  As the first item does say
> PostgreSQL Server.  That, along with pgAdmin 4 and Command Line Tools.

In that case you cannot delete the user as it is the user that the above
run as. If you are not actually using the Postgres server and its tools
then you could uninstall them and I would guess the user would be
uninstalled also.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com